Things Not To Do At Anime ConventionsPosted: July 23, 2011
Here is a list of things not to do at anime conventions!
- Don’t ask random strangers to glomp you. Also, don’t glomp random strangers.
- Don’t forget to eat and shower daily. Hurting yourself by forgetting is very dangerous.
- Offer to give away free stuff without having plenty of it to give away.
- Bring props that are ridiculously too big. Leave the giant mechas at home.
- Don’t wear just a Leaf Village Headband and pretend to be cosplaying from Naruto.
- Don’t stalk the guests of honor. You can wait for autograph signing times to get them to autograph you.
- Do not mess with the elevators.
- Do not mess with the fire alarms.
- Do not have more than eight people in one room. It can be dangerous, gets really messy, and is a pain for everyone.
- Don’t be mean to staff and other attendees.
- Don’t give alcohol to underage attendees, or drink too heavily if you are overage.
- Don’t leave your fancy electronics lying around to be stolen.
- Don’t volunteer and then quit your shift early, nor forget your shift.
- Don’t forget to get names and phone numbers from all your newfound friends.
- Don’t forget to drink plenty of water.
- Remember to pick up after yourself. Do not litter everywhere.
- Don’t take a new congoer to a con and then forget them, letting them fend for themselves in a strange environment filled with cosplayers.
- Don’t break glowsticks and get them all over the place.
- Don’t break parts of the hotel, particularly including pieces of hotel furniture that might happen to be in the hallways.
- Don’t run through the hallways screaming while panels and other events are going on. Some people like to hear what the speaker or presenter is saying.
- Don’t sleep in con-spaces, like the video rooms. Not only is it rude, but people might draw stuff on you. Free canvas!
Note: I just created a thoughts profile.